CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES FOR U14 AGE GROUP.
Below are the U12 Rules:
The following is a summary of rules for this age group.
· Teams in the U12 age group will be divided into separate leagues for boys and girls.
· Roster Size: 9-18 players.
· Players on field: 9v9 including goalkeepers.
· Ball Size: 4.
· Field Size: Approx 80 yards x 60 yards.
· Goal Size: 6 feet x 18 feet.
· Coaches ARE REQUIRED to have game cards. Game cards should be any printed document with first and last names of each player printed. The template for this may be unique to each club. Player cards (not required) but will have photos attached or printed using GA Soccer card stock and must be laminated. Digital photos are required in the Affinity system.
· Coaches may Club Pass players from U10 Rec teams or other U12 Rec teams within the club in the event of a shortage of players for a game. Player cards are required for these players.
· Any red cards received, coach ejections, or spectator ejections should be reported to your club’s Rec Interleague coordinator who will then report these to the League Administrator (Craig Cunningham). At minimum, the player will receive a one-game ban to be served at the following game in street clothes. Coach or Spectator Ejections will be handled on an individual basis with the club’s Rec Interleague administrator and the League Administrator.
· Game Duration: 2 halves, 30 minutes each. 5 minute half-time.
· Free Subs (at GA Soccer regulated stoppage of play; e.g., goal kicks, throw-in’s offensive teams may substitute, etc).
· Players should be at midfield and off the playing surface until the center referee indicates they may enter the field of play.All players must play 50% of each half and preferably ¾ of a game.
· Offside rule will be in effect.
· Penalty kicks will be taken at a spot 8 yards from the goal line.
· Throw-ins will be utilized to restart play when ball goes over touchlines.
· Goal Kicks: placed in goal area.
· One center referee and two assistant referees will be scheduled to officiate each game. Club linesmen may be requested by away team in the event of one or zero AR’s.
Last Updated: 9/19/17