The following is a summary of rules for this age group.
· Teams in the U8 age group will be divided into separate leagues for boys and girls. Teams may be co-ed
· Roster Size: 5-10 players.
· Players on field: 5 vs.5, including a goalkeeper (some opponents may play 4v4 without keeper)
· Ball Size: 3.
· Field Size: appox; 35 yards x 30 yards.
· Goal Size: 6 feet x 12 feet.
· Coaches are NOT required to have player cards and game cards
· Game Duration: 2 halves, 25 minutes each. Half time will be 5. The maximum time allowed for each game to be completed will be 65minutes. After 65 minutes the game will be stopped.
· All players on bench must be substituted at mandatory substitution times.
· Substitution will be allowed on goal kicks, throw-in’s (for team with ball).
· Coaches may not enter the field of play unless beckoned on by the referee to tend to injured players. Coaches must remain in their own bench area at all times during play.
· Restart at the beginning of each quarter will be by kick-off.
· All players must play a minimum of 50% of each half and preferably ¾ of a game.
· Intentional heading will not be allowed. Violation of this results in an indirect free kick per GA Soccer rules.
· No scorekeeping.
· No offside.
· No slide-tackling.
· Indirect free kicks only.
· No penalty kicks.
· Throw-ins will be utilized to restart play when ball goes over touchlines.
· Goal Kicks: placed on ground no more than approximately 3 yards from the goal. Opponents must be at midfield at time of kick.
· One referee will officiate games
· When the goalkeeper has the ball in hand, the opponents must retreat behind the midfield line. Failure to do this will result in an indirect kick.