The following is a summary of rules for this age group.
· Teams in the U8 age group will be divided into separate leagues for boys and girls. Teams may be co-ed
· Roster Size: 5-10 players.
· Players on field: 5 vs.5, including a goalkeeper (some opponents may play 4v4 without keeper)
· Ball Size: 3.
· Field Size: appox; 35 yards x 30 yards.
· Goal Size: 6 feet x 12 feet.
· Coaches are NOT required to have player cards and game cards
· Game Duration: 4 quarters, 12 minutes each. Half time will be 5 minutes and time between quarters will be 1 minute. The maximum time allowed for each game to be completed will be 65minutes. After 65 minutes the game will be stopped.
· Mandatory Substitution at end of 1st and 3rd Quarters for field players. Voluntary substitution is allowed at the end of 2nd quarter or in the case of injury/extreme fatigue.
· All players on bench must be substituted at mandatory substitution times.
· Mandatory substitution times at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarter may not be utilized for coaching or tactical discussion by coaches. Teams must make substitutions and continue the game as quickly as possible.
· Coaches may not enter the field of play unless beckoned on by the referee to tend to injured players. Coaches must remain in their own bench area at all times during play.
· Restart at the beginning of each quarter will be by kick-off.
· All players must play a minimum of 50% of each half and preferably ¾ of a game.
· Intentional heading will not be allowed. Violation of this results in an indirect free kick per GA Soccer rules.
· No scorekeeping.
· No offside.
· No slide-tackling.
· Indirect free kicks only.
· No penalty kicks.
· Throw-ins will be utilized to restart play when ball goes over touchlines.
· Goal Kicks: placed on ground no more than approximately 3 yards from the goal. Opponents must be at midfield at time of kick.
· One referee will officiate games
Last Updated: 9/19/17