The following is a summary of rules for this age group.
- Required Equipment:
- Size 3 Ball
- Shin Guards (If player forgets, they cannot participate in contact activities i.e. scrimmage or games)
- Plenty of WATER
- Rules for Games:
- Let the U7 coordinator know of special requests for games
- 4 quarters, 6-7 min per quarter
- 3 Players on field at a time *Defender must stay behind midfield line*
- No Goalie
- Home Team Coach will Ref game *If no Ref is available*
- Roll-ins if Ball goes out of bounds on touchline until After Spring Break. ---- (Parent or Coach Roll ball to open area on field)
- Goal Kick if ball goes out of bounds on the Goal Line
- No Throw-ins or Corner Kicks till After Spring Break
- No in-air kicks ---- (Ball needs to stay on the ground)
- No Coaches on field during play
- Handball, if it gives the player an advantage for touching the ball. ---- (In-direct kick, must pass to another player)
- Jersey colors (Home = Blue, Away = White)
- Substitutions only between quarters or if player is injured.
- Each player must play at least 2 quarters
- Coach Mentoring:
- Help with scheduling practice drills or activities (YouTube is your friend)
- Help with how to run a game
- Help with how to ref a game o Questions on how to handle parents (Good, Bad, or Ugly)
- Always remember:
- Have FUN and ENJOY the season. It goes by fast.
- The players are ALWAYS watching how you act. They will give you as much energy as you give them. So stay motivated and positive. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to call, text, or email me.
Coach Cail (Trey)