Our Junior referee program is used to educate and train our players on how to be a referee. This is a great stepping stop to earning your official refereeing certification. Our junior referee’s will referee our U6 games only.
Any player 10 years old and up can be a part of our Junior Ref Program. You will receive training, a whistle, stop watch, and a mentor. You will ref the HOME GAMES for our U6 program. If you and your mentor feel comfortable with your performance, you may be asked to be a side ref on some of the older recreational games. There is NO payment but you will receive a free meal from the concession stand. We ask that you be reliable and committed to games you are assigned and act as a young professional while refereeing any games. For those that complete the junior ref program, they will be offered FREE sponsorship to be a certified referee. PRYAA Soccer will pay for the course and your uniform kit. As a certified referee, you get paid per game.
- Strictly voluntary.
- No money compensation.
- FREE meal from concession stand while volunteering.
- You will receive mentorship for refereeing and how to be mature and responsible.
- Must be committed to assigned game and time.
- Average time to volunteer on a Saturday is 2 hours (8:45am - 10:45am) but if you can only work one game we can work around that.
- No uniform required
- Great learning experience
- Stepping stone to getting officially certified as a referee
- No additional cost
Within this program, you will learn leadership skills as well as how to be a referee in a low stress environment.
If you have any questions or would like to sign up, please reach out to our U6 coordinator below for more information. We hope to see you out on the fields soon.
Soccer Assistant Director
PRYAA Vice President